Listing at the right price is crucial and a professional appraisal from GVI Appraisals, Inc. will ensure you get it right.
Selling your home? You would be wise to invest in a professional appraisal. An appraisal doesn't cost that much and it pays you in the long run! Unless a homeowner spends hours every week on real estate valuation, like a professional appraiser does, it's hard for them to understand the nuances of local real estate values.
We are not talking about how much you have invested in your home, or the amount you need to get out of it. Rather, an appraisal provides a professional opinion on how much your home will bring on the open market.
Something is only going to sell for the price another person is going to pay.
|Contact us for information regarding services specialized for home sellers.
Selling on your own?
Quite a few Alabama homeowners are making the decision to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. But if you're going to do it right, with minimal waiting and for top dollar, you need a professional appraisal. You need an objective opinion, and we understand that it's hard to take an objective look at your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sound selling price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
Folks are sometimes surprised when they find out the value of their home is more than they originally believed.
So spending a little on an appraisal allowed them to get thousands more than they could have originally netted.
Others have an an exaggerated opinion of the value of their home, and by getting an appraisal it gave them the assistance they needed in order to realistically price their home - allowing them to quickly sell it - instead of gathering dust on the market for months. Asking too much for a home will not attract buyers, reducing your offers, making closing more difficult, wasting your valuable time and draining your resources while your home sits on the market.
- Be a very useful negotiating tool when you find a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the condition of your home inside and out
- Make you aware of issues and get rid of any last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing
- Help decrease the possibility of hidden problems that cause sales to deteriorate
Get a professional value opinion before listing
Even if you're working with an extremely talented agent, it's definitely a good idea to get an unbiased second opinion of value prior to signing a listing contract.
And that's where GVI Appraisals, Inc. comes in. We can furnish you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have a definitive description of your home's characteristics and a detailed breakdown of the the newest and similar comparable sales which we typically refer to as "comps" in the appraisal industry.
A resource for for local real estate knowledge
If you feel like you don't need an "appraisal" but you require assistance analyzing local property and sales data, we
offer services tailored especially for customers like you to assist with your real estate decisions.
After you order an appraisal report through us, you can expect....
- We take great pride in making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a immediate response: We personalize information to the needs of our clients. Just explain your situation, and we will make suggestions.
- Quick turnaround time: Typically one week or less from the date we receive the request, you'll have a PDF of the report ready to download.
- Appraisal and consulting report presentations that suit YOUR needs:
We've worked on quite a few of assignments, and we've learned that in the art of real estate appraising, there isn't a typical or standard "boiler place" assignment. We offer a variety of report types and are well seasoned at providing appraisals to consumers that keep the industry jargon to a minimum so that you don't have to be real estate attorney to read it.
- Any follow up questions? You can expect a fast response from GVI Appraisals, Inc.: Documents we deliver are written in plain English, understandable, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that governs the appraisal practice.
If you have any confusion about your appraisal after you've read through the report, feel free to give us a call or email us!